Skip to main content

Star Wars anopoly



About a month ago Jack scored a Star Wars Monopoly game for $1.99 at the Goodwill. I didn't want to buy it because I thought he wanted it only for the pewter playing figures, most of which were missing. Those included were Boba Fett, Princess Leia, and the Emperor. Just enough for me, DH, and Jack to play what Jack calls Star Wars Anopoly, with rules modified by Master Jedi Jack Doubleroller.

We play every night. The game is pretty much like regular monopoly except we play until all the "pwahpahties" have been purchased after which the game is over and we either begin a new one or put it away so I can work a jigsaw puzzle and have a break from the game. Jack is Boba Fett and DH is the Emperor, and they play on a team, sharing money but moving independently. The first couple of games they totally creamed me, until Leia enlisted her brother Luke to join the team. After that I fared a bit better, except that I don't always pay attention and sometimes Boba Fett or the Emperor "squat" on my properties and I neglect to collect the rent. I'm not paying attention because I've picked up an annoying little hobby of cutting out and assembling paper toys while playing Star Wars Anopoly. Here are the results of my very first ever paper toy assembly:



It's called "mover" and can be downloaded for free here. I discovered it through one of my favorite papercraft blogs, Paper Forest. Perhaps for my first paper toy assembly I shouldn't have chosen something with such tiny curves, but I didn't know!



Look how surprised he is! That's after he witnessed Jack roll doubles 3 times in a row during one turn, landing Boba Fett in jail. After the Emperor bailed him out, Jack rolled doubles 3 times in one turn yet again. DH said, "We're going to Vegas, baby!" Load up the mushrooms, Mover. Here we go!

Comments

sulu-design said…
I must find this game for my Star Wars obsessed nephew. And that paper toy site sounds great. Once I'm unpacked and on my own computer, I'm so there.
Anonymous said…
Becky- HI!!!! That wasn't so difficult was it? de-lurking? I like your blog and am adding it to my sidebar. Thanks for the links for the paper stuff- I love it! I love those mice too! Thanks for saying hi! Nice to meet ya! x0x0x0 calamity kim

Popular posts from this blog

memory

expanding my culinary horizons

After last night's culinary debacle, today's culinary surprise was particularly welcome. My dear friend Rukmi brought me lunch! Rukmi is Sri Lankan. She cooks the best food. I ate a fish and egg croquette, lentil curry, saffron rice, all with delicious chicken and what I thought might be tuna. I asked Rukmi what the meat was, and she told me it's all chicken. "The flat, triangular meat? With the spices? Is it tuna?" She laughed lightly. "That's a wegetable," she said, in her lovely Sinhalese way. "Oh, yeah? Like a beet?" That made sense, because it flaked like tuna steak or like beets might. "It is jackfruit." Jackfruit? Jackfruit! I ate jackfruit today. Rukmi told me all about it: she used canned young jackfruit she bought at G & L Market on 22nd St.; fully grown jackfruits are gigantic and if one fell on your head it could kill you. When fully ripe, jackfruit is full of big pods that each have a seed in the middle, like a p...

in which I get knocked down

Sickness saps my energy, both physical and mental. It's surprising, really, how seldom I get sick, since I work in a petri dish. When I do get sick it lays me low and happenings that I might normally take in stride just completely knock me down. Last week I was diagnosed with an embarrassing viral infection, the symptoms of which on their own couldn't possibly have dragged me this deep down: sores in my mouth and throat that blistered and peeled and made every mouthful feel and taste like shredded pennies; an itchy rash around my mouth and nose and on my chest. Compounding that: knees that felt packed in hot wax, the backs of my eyeballs aflame. No fever, so no H1N1. Negative strep. Malaise. But I soldiered (martyred?) through most of the week at work, because I could, and some of the other teachers had to stay at home with their diverticulitis and kidney stones. On Thursday night my laptop died. On Friday night I felt I could deal with my weekend obligations. DH went out of t...